Masks for lazy people?! Part 1 [First impression]

12:30 pm


Hey guys! Today I'm going to talk about these masks I found at my local Asian beauty boutique! This is only part 1 so I'm only going to be talking about the Saborino Morning Mask. 


Click here if you want to see the SANA Namerakahonpo Soymilk Mask.

Have you ever had a hard time waking yourself up and want ice cold water to slap you across the face? Well look no further because the Saborino Morning Mask may be perfect for you!!


So what's so special about this mask?

This mask has been popular in Japan and it is used specifically in the morning to help wake your skin with a cooling sensation. It also claims to be an all-in-one sheet mask where it cleanses, hydrates, and has all the basic essentials you need for skincare!!! You don't even have to wash your face before using it and can go straight to putting on make up after!! 

The Saborino Morning Mask comes in different types:
[Image from google]
From top to bottom: Fruity Herb, Kiwi Yogurt, Minty Grapefruit, Mixed Berries.
My mom actually purchased this herself so I'm not sure if there were other choices at the store but I got the fruity herb one.
Look at this cute fruity packaging!!

▸ The mask comes in a package similar to wet wipes which makes it easy for you to pull the mask out. 

▸ One pack contains 32 sheet masks but they also sell them in smaller packs with 5 masks.

While I was doing research for this mask, I read somewhere that people in Japan are putting these masks by their bed side so that once they wake up, they can just put on a mask before they even get out of bed. If this isn't a lazy person's dream sheet mask then I don't know what is.


▸ Once you put the mask on you will feel a slight cooling sensation (like menthol!!) which would gradually become very very minty. It caught me by surprise how minty the mask felt the longer I wore it. 

▸ You can wear this mask for as long as 60 seconds since that's how long it takes for the effects to start. You can wear it like a regular mask for 10 - 15 minutes like I did because 1 minute seemed like a waste.




▸ This is supposedly the "fruity herb" version but the fruit scent is very faint, almost nonexistent. Couldn't smell anything herb-like but there was a slight menthol scent.


  • Perfect for people who are in a hurry and like using sheet masks in the morning before applying make up.
  • Convenient since u can just pull the sheet out of the package and not have to worry about all the Essence spilling and going everywhere. Not having to unfold ur mask and worry about ripping it. 
  • The mask is a little smaller than other regular masks so it's perfect for people with a small face. However, you can stretch the mask to desired size if it's too small for you. 

  • This mask isn't for all skin types. wouldn't recommend this mask to anyone who has sensitive skin since it may irritate the skin even more. 
  • The menthol sensation may feel too strong for some people.
  • The masks aren't as soaked in essence compared to other masks so they might feel a little dry.
  • Although this mask can be adjusted to size, it was still difficult to find the right fit for my face. I had to adjust it quite often throughout the use.
  • It's not very hydrating so it might not seem moisturizing enough for people with dry skin.
  • It left a sticky feeling after.

I'm not sure how I feel about this mask. It's a refreshing way to start my day but I wouldn't skip my skincare routine for this. Perhaps if I was running late, I would use this. I've used it a few times but I don't think it was hydrating. For the convenience, I would purchase the smaller pack of 5 for emergencies for when I wake up late and have to rush out the door or if I need a slap of cold water on my face to wake me up but I wouldn't buy this if I wanted my face to be hydrated.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Recent posts

Search