Intro to K-beautyBaby

9:11 am

I've always been into skin care but it never got to the point where I was researching intensively.

I've recently (like a few days ago lol) started to become more obsessed with skin care. I was usually more into buying make up than I was with skin care because OF THE PRETTY PACKAGING!!! and they cover up my flaws and impurities. But I can't just avoid my skin problems by covering them up. My skin has never stayed clear for long periods of time so it always showed through my make up no matter what I used. So that is when I said "Okay, I've had enough. Time to put more effort in my skin care routine."

A while back, I've purchased Chartlotte Cho's (aka the creator of Soko Glam) book, "The Little Book Of Skin Care" but I've only picked up reading it again recently. If you haven't already picked it up, do it right now!!!! This book is great for beginners who are new to K-beauty, Asian beauty or people who are looking to start a skin care routine!




I don't have a 10 step routine like it talks about but I do have a routine that includes more than just toner and moisturizer. Even though I do have my own little skin care routine, I've never really researched on my purchases other than what the product is known to be used for. I've never fully looked through the ingredients it contains and what it does for my skin. 

I was watching tons of youtube videos (mainly Joan Kim, Liah Yoo, Edward Avila!!) and looking at online stores that sell K-beauty products while noting all the products I see are being raved. I never usually watch product review videos all the way through because they can be quite lengthy but I was getting really into them, watching one after an other because they made it so entertaining. I realized how interesting and fun skin care was! It's was almost like baking! You read a recipe, gather all the ingredients, put in one ingredient at a time, and Voilá! I become the moistest and softest cheesecake that's also glowing from a single spotlight with the angels singing ahhh~ !! (or whatever dessert you want to be lol) 


Photo from Bake to the Roots. Photoshopped by me!!!


So I began looking at other beauty blogs and educating myself a little at a time, taking notes here and there. It's funny how serious I'm getting with taking notes on skin care when I'm never even this serious in taking notes at school. I'm currently in my final week and semester of my first year and I'm SWAMPED with school work but here I am like all young adults who procrastinate, writing a blog post.


So apart from the topic of skin care, I will of course be reviewing make up products as well! I now have an excuse to buy more than what I need (I was doing that even before this blog lol) and I get to discover more products I will love!! I mean, who doesn't love a good product with pretty packaging!! That's what draws us beauty addicts into buying them!! (smart companies hypnotizing us)

Since I am basically a K-beauty newbie (as well as blogging apart from Tumblr), please bare with me if I make mistakes in terms of information and whatnot. I'm not used to writing so much especially because I'm not a very good writer (art major student here) I'm slowly learning on my own on how things work. I hope you will enjoy reading and going on a journey of skin care and make up with me!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Recent posts

Search